[gothic-l] Re: Hi all! (Streitberg)

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 3 09:51:21 UTC 2003

Dear Paul,

I'm very glad that you have found useful the links suggested by me.
I want to add that Streitberg's "Gotisches Elementarbuch" isn't just
reference material. Probably you have downloaded and read only the
first PDF file (streitberg1920_1.pdf) which contains the introduction
and indeed is mainly reference material.
But the second PDF file contains the phonetics chapter (comprehensive
description of sounds, sound changes, and correspondence to Proto-
Germanic), the third PDF file contains the morphology (declension and
conjugation), and the fourth PDF file contains Busbecq's report on
Crimean Gothic (the original Latin text) and a Gothc-German word
index. The syntax chapter of Streitberg's book wasn't put on the web
because of copyright reasons (it was reprinted in 1981).

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Paul Vandine" <vrichard6 at q...>
wrote:
> Thanks Francisc!  Those links helped alot.  The German was more
reference material than learning from what I read, but the other 2
sites are on the mark!  David's site is great!  Knowing German and
English and a few other languages helped quite a bit.  Blazed through
Lesson one in 15 minutes ;-)

> Peace
>
> Paul

Language