[gothic-l] Re: Boyar and related

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Thu Sep 25 22:23:49 UTC 2003

>Hi Gazariah,
>
>There is indeed  something called 'bo' in Sweden in old administration
>during Early Middle ages and possibly already during late Viking
>period. It is an administrative area like a county or similar, and
>there was a kings-yard centrally in every bo headed by a loyal
>chieftain. The expression bojarl must most surely indicate just such a
>chieftain being responsible for the bo.
>
>Best greetings
>Ingemar

Hi Ingemar!
Very interesting. Never heard of it. Is it something special for Västergötland?
I can't find it in the old dictionary either.

Tore

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/wWMplB/TM