[gothic-l] Re: Niujis

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 20 14:15:06 UTC 2004

Another site with grammar is http://www.gotisch.de/
This is similar to Salo's but with more active lessons and it is also
in german instead of english.

This is a site with dictionaries from gothic and also from english,
german, latin and greece into gothic.
http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/homepage/c303/c30310/gotwbhin.html

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "gur_idhren" <gur_idhren at y...> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I recently became interested in the Gothic language after being
referred to a course by
> David Salo, whose works I am familiar with. I'm in highschool and
have an interest in dead
> and Classical languages, having taken Latin for 6 years and studied
Greek and Hebrew.
> However, most of my study and interest has been in the languages
invented by J.R.R.
> Tolkien (namely Quenya, but also Sindarin).
>
> I printed out and have begun to read through David's course, and it
seems to be an
> excellent source by which I can teach myself the language. However,
I don't want get stuck
> with one source as I'm not sure how controversial Gothic grammar
and phonology is
> (coming from Tolkien's languages one must be extremely skeptical :-
)).

> I was wondering if someone here could refer me to other reliable
online grammar outlines,
> wordlists, courses etc. I would particularly like to find a good
guide for Gothic
> pronunciation or at least some clarification on Mr Salo had to say
about it, which was
> confusing and unthourough to me.
>
> I'd rather not spend any money on books unless I have to, and I
found this :: http://
> www.ling.upenn.edu/~kurisuto/germanic/goth_wright_about.html ::
site which has on it J.
> Wright's Grammar of the Gothic Language, but it is very unorganized
and nearly
> impossible to find anything that I might need from it.
>
> Any help someone could provide me would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM