[gothic-l] Re: Kovel cursive runes? Rinnandeins runos fram Kaubaila?

llama_nom penterakt at FSMAIL.NET
Mon Feb 23 10:35:21 UTC 2004

> > Is it just me, or are those strange symbols on the Kovel
spearhead a
> > cursive form of the Gothic runes?
>
> As far as I know, they are non-Gothic non-alphabetic signs of Pontic
> origin.
>
> Izwar,
>
> Iosef Strawarila

Awiliudo thus!  Is that Pontic as in the Anatolian kingdom of
Pontus?  And does that go for the swastikas too, or could the Goths
have got them first from Sweden - whatever the ultimate origin was.

Llama Nom