[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Religion

rikeckhart rikeckhart at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 13 18:02:29 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "fouchon21218" <emil13 at e...> wrote:
> Can anyone direct me to information on the religious beliefs of the
> Goths "before" their conversion to Arianism?
>
> SVE

There was no conversion to Arianism. Arianism is a word Katholics use
to give een name to religions that do nog underscribe the dogmata of
Nicea (325).
Please read Auxentius on Wulfila and his religion and read Skeireins
(in Wulfila-project). In these tekst the anti-Katholic, anti-dogmatic
vieuw of Wulfila is defended.
Personaly I think Wulfila's religion goes back to the teachings of
Origenes, that were forbidden in the 5th century.

Rik Eckhart
Netherlands.