[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Religion

rikeckhart rikeckhart at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 13 17:54:08 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "fouchon21218" <emil13 at e...> wrote:
> Forgive me if this duplicates an earlier post, but--
>
> Can someone direct me to information on the religion of the
> Goths 'before' they were converted to Christianity.
>
> New Member aka Taz

Please read Herodotos Historia chapter 4:93. You will find the story
of Zalmoxis (born 713 BC)who teached that the soul after death was
going to Walhalla or a kind of heaven called "the domain of
Zalmoxis".

Rik Eckhart

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/wWMplB/TM