[gothic-l] Re: The numbers + Please & Thank you

llama_nom penterakt at FSMAIL.NET
Tue Jul 20 14:53:19 UTC 2004

Hi Jim,

Please: "jabai wileis" (if speaking to one person, literally "if you
will").  If speaking to two people that becomes: jabai wileits.  If
more than two: jabai wileith.

Thank you:
singular: awiliudo thus
dual: awiliudo igqis
plural: awiliudo izwis

For more on the Gothic calendar, check out the thread titled: "háils"
(with posts by Manie, Francisc & myself).  I put a lot of extraneous
details and highly speculative stuff in my last post, but all that is
really known about the Gothic calendar comes from a fragment
containing a list of (Christian) feast days for part of October and
November.  The only month names that are recorded are two
alternatives for November: Naubaimbair (based on Latin), and Fruma
Jiuleis (the native Gothic name).

http://www.wulfila.be/gothic/text/minora/Kalender.html

http://www.wulfila.be/gothic/browse/text.aspx?book=21
http://www.wulfila.be/gothic/browse/text.aspx?book=21&chapter=11

Llama Nom

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, James Young <daddio52 at s...> wrote:
> Francisco,
>
> Please, your answer to Fredrik was so thorough, mabe you can help
me.

> What do you know about Gothic calendars, historical (4th or 5th C
CE) and/or modern? And, as Mother always insisted, how do I
say "please" and "thank-you"?

blank email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM