[gothic-l] Re: Spanish surnames

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Fri Jun 4 11:55:03 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Jorge Alexandre S G <dowrgwyns at y...>

wrote:
> It was very comforting to read this superb and scientifically based
posting, which clears up the other one which arrogantly belittled the
Visigothic contribution to the Iberic Peninsula.
It seems that many scholars nowadays are actually politically
biased ,which shows in itself the great danger of science being seen
as truely neutral, as I once learned when I took one year of Social
Sciences ,cause its objectivity is only an ideal,its being highly
influenced by many subjective and political reasons.

Dirk:
That is true, and that is why some people glorify ethnic groups and
distort their history. Certainly, these distortions are often to the
taste of many people, which, however, does not make them any more
correct.

Cheers

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM