[gothic-l] Re: Bastarnae

hrafnsnest wulfsligrs at CENTURYTEL.NET
Fri Mar 26 02:28:50 UTC 2004

Hi Tore,

I saw the article and arguments on the GMC list, and I don't buy it.
Although I suppose the argument could be made that the Mediterranean
scripts (Latin, Greek, asf.) were derived from the Semitic
Phoenicians, and if the GMC runes were derived from the N. Italic, or
for that matter, Greek, then by proxy.........  I'm still looking NNW
of the Black Sea, something extraordinary occured there between the
pre-CE GMC tribes and the Scytho-Greek-Celtic culture complex (by
whatever name the archeaologists call it).

Skal,
Valulfr

> Hi Valufr,
> I hope you read Troengs recent article