[gothic-l] A genitive query?

robynebray robynbray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 26 11:41:04 UTC 2004

I'm currently working on a translation of John:14 for my course, but
I have been totally thrown by the use of the genetive for 'þize
waurstwe'in verse 11.

Galaubeiþ mis þatei ik in attin jah atta in mis; iþ jabai ni, in þize
waurstwe galaubeiþ mis.

Could anyone please explain to me why this is? I can't find anything
to explain this use of the genetive.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM