[gothic-l] Re: Caseus and Vinum

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 25 07:40:31 UTC 2004

"Vinum" and "caseus" are not of Germanic origin, but viceversa: they
were borrowed into Germanic from Latin:
vinum > Goth. wein, Germ. Wein, Eng. wine etc.
caseus > Germ. Käse (dialectal: Kaas), Eng. cheese etc.

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "andres_gr2001" <andres_gr2001 at y...>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM