[gothic-l] Re: Wikipedia in Gothic; Native speakers

OSCAR HERRERA duke.co at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Sep 20 23:35:03 UTC 2004

i think thats a good idea since we all know more or less on how to speak goth...god thakjandei.....awuilidon to ala meina brothars.....

llama_nom <penterakt at fsmail.net> wrote:

Hi Mark,

I'm fairly sure there are no 'native speakers' of Gothic out there,
meaning people who have learnt some kind of revived and reconstructed
Gothic from birth - so a Gothic wikipedia would be strictly for its
own sake. In fact I'm not even aware that there has been any grand
unified project to revive and reconstruct Gothic. You'll notice most
of the traffic here is in English...

Another thing: The historical language is very imperfectly known.
Gerhard Koebler's dictionary clocks in at 5000 words or thereabouts,
and so anyone making an encyclopedia - of all things! - would have to
invent most of the words in it, or just transcribe the English
terms. But good luck to anyone who tries.

I'm not sure what you mean by "name the letters", but how about:

WAIKIPAIDJA

SO FRIJO AIGKIKLAUPAIDJA

Llama Nom

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM