Tenses etc.

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 4 07:57:25 UTC 2005

Hi, Fredrik,

The German authors (like Streitberg a century ago and Koebler in the
present) speak about "Indikativ, Optativ, Imperativ". David Salo in
his "Gothic Lessons" speaks about "Indicative, Subjunctive,
Imperative", and it seems to me that most English-speaking authors use
this terminology. As far as I remember the mood called "Subjunctive"
or "Optativ" functions mainly as an optative in Gothic.

Francisc