Introduction

tsvstani tsvstani at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 26 08:38:00 UTC 2005

As requested here is a brief introduction on myself. I am a linguist
living in Florida, and a Cherokee Indian. I have an extensive
background in Germanic linguistics as well as other language. I am
currently working to revitalize my language, Cherokee, which luckily
has not suffered the same fate as Gothic. I think it would be quite
cool to create a modern version of the language, this actually would
not be that hard. We can use other Germanic languages to help coin
new words, since many of them have the same roots as Gothic
underlying a number of modern concepts. For example in German, one
of the words for telephone is 'Fernsprecher', 'that which speaks
far'. We could do something similar with Gothic to create a word for
telephone. Just an idea. I am currently working to compile all known
Gothic terms into a dictionary to be published in pdf document.
Unlike other dictionaries, words in this dictionary will actually be
listed IN THE GOTHIC alphabet, instead of transliterated. I dont get
why people do that. We have the same problem in Cherokee, where
people often do not even write the word in the Cherokee writing
system (a syllabary), but just give the transliteration in Latin
letters. I find this very annoying to say the least.

Fraternally,

Gotlvnvvsgi
(Justin L Smith)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM