Change of consonants

mike r raging_viking at YAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 17 01:44:49 UTC 2005

Forgive me for lacking the credentials or even a means
to site my sources, but from what I understand Od-
comes from the proto-germanic Wod- which means "poetic
inspiration" and I think god comes from PIE:gheu which
means "to invoke", and the -in/an/inn means "master",
hence Goden (Master of God) and Woden (Master of
Inspiration). I think that perhaps Goden is an aspect
of Woden, but I could be wrong. I do know that the
Goths commonly referred to him as Gautis.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM