[gothic-l] Re: A new word, Gothic birds, etc.

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 12 14:55:09 UTC 2005

Llama Nom

I totaly agree with anuþs instead of anuds. And with d in plural and
some cases in singular. The similarity with 'anus' that some
mentioned ain't that shocking. If I remember right that word
means 'ring', and what is shocking about that, (except the obvious
reason)?

I read the post 1223 and found that very interesting. A lot of those
words are similar to neologisms I "made" myself.
Such words as potato and strawberry are the same as I thought of.
I don't think I've seen any word for nut anywhere som guess it would
be like hnutus or something like that, (don't know which gender). To
continue the same way of making the words of potato and stawberry
with the word aírþa- as first part, I'd like to add the word
aírþahnutus as peanut. (swedish: jordnöt = peanut).

About the word for president 1223 had faursitands, and i thought of
faurasitands. Is faur better than faura in this case?

I have a list of neologisms (and some, maybe 5 non neologisms) if
some one is interested. I guess some are not that well done, cos I
made em when I wasn't that good at this. But I hope you can tell me
corrections.
It's on a website that is:
http://www.geocities.com/gutiska/lex/neologism.html

/Fredrik