Some indistinct grammar information

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 18 15:53:34 UTC 2005

Hi, Fredrik,

I understand that you are interested in the perfect tense forms of
strong verbs.
For niman: indeed what you have is correct:
nam, namt, nam, nêmu, nêmuts, nêmum, nêmuþ, nêmun.
Beidan is attested only with present forms. But by analogy with other
strong verbs with root ending in d/þ, it should be:
báiþ, báist, báiþ, bidu, biduts, bidum, biduþ, bidun
(báid-t > báist, like in ana-báud-t > anabáust)
Háitan: haíháit, haíháist, haíháit, haíháitu, haíháituts, haíháitum,
haíháituþ, haíháitun.
Giutan: gáut, gáust, gáut, gutu, gututs, gutum, gutuþ, gutun.
Biudan: báuþ, báust, báuþ, budu, buduts, budum, buduþ, budun.

Best,
Francisc