Grammar questions

OSCAR HERRERA duke.co at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue Jun 28 13:06:42 UTC 2005

wouldnt no, 7 be like atta,this qino juggo......handus

Fredrik <gadrauhts at hotmail.com> wrote:Hi!

Thanx for the answers to my last questions and I hope you can answer
my new questions.

1) Words such as ga-wiss, dis-wiss and af-stass are fem. i-stems. But
how are these in e.g. dative or in plural?
Is the last s removed or is this a part of the root?

2) How will this sentence best be translated?:
The strength of all giving men.
Like: Swinþei allái gibandans gumane.
Or as: Swinþei alláize gibandane gumane.

3) The form nasiþs (from nasjan), could this be used as noun? And if
so, what gender and stem? Or could it be used as adjective?
If any of these may be. Will the þ become d in e.g. dative? Like
staþs becomes stadái?
Which of these sentences is the best?
a)...jah stodun þái nasiþos faura imma.
b)...jah stodun þái nasidos faura imma.
c)...jah stodun þái nasiþái faura imma.
d)...jah stodun þái nasidái faura imma.

4) How is adjectives that is ja-, jo-, i- and u-stems conjugated?
Such as fairneis and midjis and some more...

5) What's the word for 'whole'?
As in: The whole world = everybody in the world.

6) How to make a compund word when the first word has a stemvowel
that is the same as the second words first vowel.
e.g. stáins + aqizi = stáina-aqizi or stáinaqizi?

7)Here's another genitive question...which sentence is the best?
a) Atta qinons so juggo.
b) Atta qinons þizoz juggons.
This is meant to be: The father of the young woman.

/Fredrik