Gothic religion

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 3 09:11:01 UTC 2006

Michael is right. If Jordanes and others made the Gets to be Goths (and
Dacians to be Danes...), we should not fall into the other extreme and
make all the Goths to be Gets.
Myself too, being Romanian, was tempted by this. However, the Goths
were surely Germanic, as attested by their language and their names,
whereas everybody agrees (hopefully) that the Daco-Gets were Thracians.
Otherwise, if we made the equation Gets=Goths and acknowledging the
Germanic character of the later, should we admit that the Daco-Gets
where not Thracian, but Germanic?

Francisc