Thwe language of Goths (was Re: Gothic religion)

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 4 09:59:26 UTC 2006

Thus you affirm that the Goths were not Germanic, but
Thracian/Dacian/Getic.
Than, again the question raised by Michael Erwin.
The language of the Gothic Bible of Wulfila is obviously Germanic.
Or you want to demonstrate that it is Thraco-Daco-Getic?
If the Goths are Thraco-Daco-Getic and we admit the evidence, namely
that the Gothic Bible is written in a Germanic language, then why
would have written Wulfila a Bible in Germanic for a people speaking
a Thraco-Daco-Getic language? I really don't understand your point.

Francisc

http://adventures.yahoo.com/b/adventures/20060710/rba_macedonia_0706/
> adventures7228;
>     - The symbol appears in some UK drawings also on clothes; it is
> normal use of coats of arms.
>
> It seems it is a monogram not a mystical symbol, that's what. Not
> connected to the Triskelion - too easy for a coat of arms;
> interesting to find the thracian significance of the Thor's hammer.
> Being a royal symbol it demonstrates its connection to Dacia and
the
> Gets.
>
> So: the name Dacia for Denmark is not random but precise.
>
> Among Geata's ancestors I also see HWala which remainds me (very
> strongly) of Vlaha here. That's how I connect the nordic realm of
> the Danish kings and heroes to that of the pagan Dacians here and
> the mega necropolis at Vlaha: starting with Walhalla and
Walkiries :
> the Dacian capital at Vlaha and some cult of ancestry. This may
also
> be connected with the Thracian use of burial mounds (tumuli); there
> are in the North a few. No fiction.
>
> Btw, I invite you to note the long life of toponimics in
> Transylvania (whre Goths are suposed to have lived):
>
> Today we have at least 4 villages Obreja(2 are Dacian archeological
> sites) and many family names of Obreja. At the museum in Cluj
> (http://download.academic.ro/muzeu/lingou-1.jpg) I see a gold bar
> bearing the inscription "Lus Fmus Obrisic"-i.e. "the illustruous
and
> famous Obrisic" in fair Romanian-i.e. Thracian; near it, a mark of
> the Penates gods with label DDD and another mark  representing Zeus
> in a standard helenistic stile with the label "SIL"-i.e. baSILeus.
> According to "Erdely Tortenete"(and its inconsistent
interpretation)
> the label DDD is from the 4-th century
> (http://mek.oszk.hu/03400/03407/html/30.html)-the Gothic chapter.
> This is unreliable.  The label DDD is used by Macedonians to
> designate the Penates and was assigned to Augustus on coins about 1
> AD (see the coins link above).
> Digresion: Family names in Transylvania are formed starting with
the
> village of origin; suffix -ic is a diminutive; Obrisic means then,
> from Obreja;
> On another bar from the same Basileus
> (http://download.academic.ro/muzeu/lingou-3.jpg) I can read one
> mark ".....HODIGNA"(Romanian peace, rest) followed by a monogram as
> a palm. According to the symbols used on coins, that palm (see the
> coins link above) corresponds to the style of 149 BC coins.
> These bars demonstrate the use of fair Romanian( Thracian?) by the
> inhabitants of Transylvania. I don't believe it can be framed in
the
> Germanic languages.
>
> So, the "Erdely Tortenete" and the Germanic hypothesis on Goths is
> wrong about 4-5 hundred years in dating the antique finds in
> Transylvania and incorrectly interpreting facts otherwise clear in
> the frame of the helenistic culture. This is highly unreliable in
> assigning linguistic aspects of the Thracians
> (Gets/Wallachians/Romanians) to some Germanic population also.
>
> Dear Feri, in proposing borrowings to Romanian, please be cautious:
> Romanian seems to be very old while Turkish has a thracian roots
> also; you may better forget borrowings from Hungarian such as Tau,
> Tautza ; Taetwa was a Danish king  :). Maybe you find something
> Danish at least.
>
> Sincerely,
> D. Ciurchea
>
> --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Michael is right. If Jordanes and others made the Gets to be
Goths