History of the Goths

Sergey Sannikov sannikov_sv at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 12 04:00:53 UTC 2006

Hello!
I joined the list recently, so I probably should make
a short introduction first.
My name is Sergey (or Serge if you like), I live in
Novosibirsk, Russia, which is quite far from the
places of Goths origin :)
However I am much interested in history of different
Germanic tribes, including Goths.
At the present moment I am doing my upper-graduate
program at Novosibirsk State University, and writing a
paper on Jordanes’ “History of the Goths”. I am most
interested in different aspects of the institution of
kingship among the Goths.
In my region it is possible to obtain Latin text,
Russian and English translation of Jordan, a number of
articles in Russian, however it is most hard to obtain
modern European or American research on the source.
The only article I could find on the Web was James
O’Donnell’s “The aims of Jordanes”.
Could anyone recommend me some links to the articles
published on the Web?
Or maybe someone could send me any research materials
by the e-mail? (I would highly appreciate).
Thanks in advance.
Serge.