Neologisms in pdf

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Thu Feb 16 22:41:38 UTC 2006

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Fredrik" <gadrauhts at ...> wrote:

> Well...this make sense. But actualy I found the word for forsest
in
> the form waldus in this site
> http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/letters.htm and I believ it's
> yours...btw I use it a lot...very usefull.
> Hope you don't mind if I take neologisms from it...

Yes, of course, raid it by all means, but as you can see it's not
that reliable, so don't trust it too much!  I made it a few years
ago and that's my excuse.  I've just corrected the entries
for "wood" and "forest".

> the ending -ista I have seen in aíwaggelista...and is it right
that
> it is masculine weak noun?

Yes, that's right.

> Is this word taken from the latin form evangelista or from the
greek?
> If it is the latter. Is it a regular way of loaned words from
greek
> ending in -ης (-es/-is) to become masc. weak?

It looks more like the Latin ending, doesn't it: evangelista, rather
than EUAGGELISTHS.  In names, at least, Gk. -hs > Go. -es, e.g.
Mambres, Iohannes, Herodes, Moses.