Neologisms in pdf

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 16 14:59:33 UTC 2006

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "llama_nom" <600cell at ...> wrote:

> Not attested in Gothic, but the German and Icelandic forms point to
> *walþus.  /ld/ would stay as /ld/ in Icelandic; only /þ/ is
> assimilated to /l/ in this way.  In High German /d/ > /t/ while /þ/
> > /d/.  As I mentioned, an early sound change in English obscures
> the difference: lþ > ld.  In German a forest, in Norse a plain, in
> English hills.  Maybe forest is the older meaning, and the others
> came about due to all the trees getting chopped down.

Well...this make sense. But actualy I found the word for forsest in
the form waldus in this site
http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/letters.htm and I believ it's
yours...btw I use it a lot...very usefull.
Hope you don't mind if I take neologisms from it...

> > If I remember right icelandic has, when it comes to such words,
> the
> > loaned forms. Like endings in -ism, -ist etc.
> > Thats why I have it in these neologisms too. But some could have
> > synonyms i think.
>

> They are useful suffixes.  Maybe we could borrow them as -ismus
and -
> ista.

the ending -ista I have seen in aíwaggelista...and is it right that
it is masculine weak noun?

Is this word taken from the latin form evangelista or from the greek?
If it is the latter. Is it a regular way of loaned words from greek
ending in -ης (-es/-is) to become masc. weak?