Greetings

David Kiltz derdron at GMX.NET
Sun Jan 1 08:39:00 UTC 2006

On 01.01.2006, at 03:57, OSCAR HERRERA wrote:

> i think we may have misunderstood what eros was tryin to point out...

Well, what's so equivocal about
> "We wouldn't want to have the maranos occupying our lands and
> raping our women again"
Oscar ?
If Eros wasn't refering to Jews (which _marranos_ originally does, of
course), who was he referring to ? From this
> "but I do not know why he [Franco] had to bring the moors back to
> our lands, I mean that's the last thing we'd wan, no?"
it seems rather obvious. He's referring to people of north-african
descent. 'Marranos' is a racial slur and Eros' post was not only
strongly chauvinist but racist. (_Marrano_ meaning very much 'pig,
swine' in modern Spanish).
I don't think there can be a misunderstanding.

David Kiltz