*gutiska vs.*gutisko

Tore Gannholm tore at GANNHOLM.ORG
Tue Jan 3 09:09:39 UTC 2006

Hi,
This is the old confusion. Never mix Gotland with Sweden. It was two
different countries until Sweden incorporated Gotland in 1679.
The languages are different.
The Gotlandic words are Guta lagh, Gutland, gutniscr mathr, ogutnjscr
mathr,

What they call it in Sweden I don't know. Gothic is the latin word
which the Germans adopted and spread to the Swedish language in the
Middle Ages.

Tore