Etymologie gothique pour "strava" ?

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Sun Jul 2 13:42:21 UTC 2006

Impressive Gothic, Ualarauans,

Is 'silba-hliuþ' a calque on Icelandic 'sér-hljóð' "vowel"?  That's a
good idea.

'þannu' "so, therefore" seems to introduce information that would be
expected given what has already been said, but 'iþ' "but" marks a
contrast.  How about: 'iþ jabai' "but if", or 'iþ in þizei' "but
since/because"?  Or an absolute?

afar strawein > afar straweinai, dat. of *straweins "strewing"?
Compare: haihaitun ina afar namin attins is Zakarian (L 1:59).

awiliuþ...faur skeirein > ...in skeireinais?  Cf. awiliudon skulum
guda sinteino in izwara (2Thess 1:3).

Llama Nom