Using DNA to find Goths

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jul 24 15:18:54 UTC 2006

On 24/07/2006 15:57, OSCAR HERRERA wrote:
> carl, read your history right, man......

Mmm, I'm pretty sure I have ;)  And I'm pretty sure Reinhard Wenskus and
Herwig Wolfram have, too.  Naturally, not all professional scholars go
as far as these in understanding Gothic armies as polyethnic
aglomerations; Wolfram and Wenskus stand closer one end of the spectrum
than the middle.  But even at the opposite end of the spectrum, I think
you will find few professional scholars who would understand "Gothic"
groups as closed monoethnic communities.  That would require a somewhat
... _selective_ reading of the sources ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson