new and in search of help

aranwitoth88 kyrus88rook at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 23 16:12:41 UTC 2006

I have recently started learning the gothic language and I have a few
questions that I hope someone on here could answer. I do have a copy of
Wright, and have been checking out an abbreviated grammar allegedly
based on the works of carver and salo, but have been unable to find the
answers to my questions below:

1.
A prayer to Thunrs, in gothic from the english:
   eng>     Thunrs! (you)Hallow the enclosure.
             voc     2nd person imperative (?)
   goth>     Thunr!  Weihan (make holy) thizai targa.

 is this the correct form are am I far off the mark?

2. When composing germanic alliterative poetry in gothic, since many
words are omitted from the sentence structure in order to conform to
the rules of germanic poetry, should I compose the sentences in
complete proper form (case, tense, etc) and then cut out words, or
should I just compose the lines in nominative form?

-Will (aranwitoth88)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM