Emigration av (some) Goths

joe ferratus2002 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 10 14:39:24 UTC 2006

In the March 2006 edition of National Geographic there is an article on the Celts, their history and culture. It includes a map showing where Celtic people currently live in Western Europe..and it includes Brittany in France and Galicia in Spain.

akoddsson <konrad_oddsson at yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes, but France is, admittedly, a rather large nation. Perhaps one
should look at provincial populations more closely, as several
groups in France would seem to exist as smaller cultural groupings,
common language aside (Basks an exception here). Consider, for
instance, the Gaelic population of Galitia (wrong spelling, no
doubt ;) From what I understand, they still speak a kind of Gaelic.
I discovered on a radio program that they also play some fierce and
beautiful Gaelic music, closely related to Irish. There are likely
numerous other links. Thus, I don't believe that cultures simply
disappear due to emigration by some members.