Some questions for you who might know

Fredrik gadrauhts at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 12 07:01:43 UTC 2006

So what you're saying is that the only attested meaning is 'money'.
And only by comparison with other languages we can suppose the
meaning also could be brass, bronze and copper.
Is the meaning metal not an option?

I was in a hurry before so I forgot some of my questions so here are
some of those:

I need a word for period, and have a suggestion.
I know there are some attested words already but maybe not in exactly
this meaning.
We have mêl, hveila, stunda and era.
Era btw semms to be cognate to ore, aiz and aes.
I don't wanna use era coz it's a loan word.
Some of the other might work but what about teiþs (i-stem).
The pgcm word tîðiz I think means 'division of time' or 'point or
portion of time'. This is similar to the meaning period I think.
What I mean by period is a specific part of the time. Like the cold
war was a period of the 20th century.

I also wanna know if there are any attested word for the rivers in
Europe. Especially any for Rhine?
If not attested could it have been smth like Rein?
The word comes from gaulish Renos so the extra h, is that from the
latin form Rhenus?

What about the word watô in compound words?
Some one gave a suggestion for nominative as namnadrusts.
If namô makes namna- then watô should make watna-.
So e.g. lack of water = watnawan (or wan watins).

/Fredrik

http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRGRK54.htm ]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM