Sino-nymic (was Re: Haiku & Toponymics)

Guenther Ramm ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 21 11:16:37 UTC 2006

Manie Lombard <manielombard at chello.at> wrote:  ...I abhor the idea of calling Zimbabwe
after that jingoist Rhodes!!! Shock! Lieber den ausdruck Zimbabwe
("steinerne Burgen/Häuser") ins Gotische übersetzen.

  - OK, I’ll have it changed to *Stainagardi F. –jo (Gen. -gardjos after thiudangardi). Are Zambia and Mozambique of the same stock? Is it Bantoo?
  - What could be Gothic for “jingoist”? I’d think of smth like *aljahatja(nds) or *gastifijands (if it’s roughly the same as chauvinist or xenophobe). An opposite could be then *gastifrijonds “a person friendly to immigrants or advocating their rights”.
  Ualarauans

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM