Visigothic identity of Spain

PatrMcGin at AOL.COM PatrMcGin at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 18 14:06:21 UTC 2006

I made this remark based on my own experience in law practice with clients
who had so called family traditions of background and my own family. There are
secrets of origin that are passed from generation to generation. They may not
be true in the literal sense of the word but in their totality they are true.

I cannot recall all of the sources that I read but many of them described how
the Visigothic nobles had to cope with the Muslim conquest. Many fled to the
North. But many converted to keep their lands. They also like many Irish
people Anglicized their names to be more acceptable to the persons in power.

I just thought that the remark was a propos.

Patrick McGinnis

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: