Visigothic identity of Spain

Michael Erwin merwin at BTINTERNET.COM
Fri Oct 20 16:49:25 UTC 2006

I think the Arian and Aetian texts describe Jesus, to use modern
terminology, as a theophany, as the manifestation of God as a human
being, loosely comparable to the manifestation of God as a burning
bush (in Exodus), or cosmologically speaking, describe the Word as a
manifestation of God as an omnibenevolent & omnipotent being within
the created world. AFAIK, the Muslim tradition regards him as
'merely' a prophet.

I know the Arian and Aetian texts specifically identify Jesus as God.
This isn't something rooted in various compromises.

In any case, the Skeireins are probably the most relevant work.

Eunomius of Cyzicus, First Apology:

V. "We believe in One God the Father Almighty, of whom are all
things. And in One only-begotten Son of God, God the Word, our Lord
Jesus Christ, by whom are all things. And in One Holy Spirit the
Comforter, by whom the Distribution of all Grace is bestow'd on every
one of the Saints, according to their proportion, to profit withal."

VI. This is the most simple Creed, and common to all who either are
careful to appear, or to be Christians; as being an Abridgment, or as
it were an extempore Summary only...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: