Contemporary language. [Database]

Arthur Jones arthurobin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 16 22:46:26 UTC 2007

Hails frijandeis,

  Aye, Llama, and in this fashion we might also be able to create a secondary list that incorporates some vocabulary from sources which were, beginning mid-second century, increasingly familiar to Goths. First, ecclesiastical Greek expressions; then, perhaps after 378 AD, more and more Latin very likely crept in.

  thus, we might even have a competitor in the Drunjuhansa big band competition by some that played musika. That is, after all, a Greek  word that made its way into practically every language in Europe, and some beyond.

  Arthur

llama_nom <600cell at oe.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> As you create words, it may be helpful to cite (by "cf.") other
> Germanic instances such as in ON or OHG. Referring to "cognates" in NG
> and WG both would be especially significant.

And where there might be some doubt over whether this is a good
choice, or the best out of various alternatives, it might be good to
include a succinct note explaining the reasons, and citing scholarly
works too where appropriate.

ARTHUR A. JONES