Contemporary language. [Database]

Justïn justinelf at JUNO.COM
Tue Apr 17 04:43:00 UTC 2007

This is definitely evolving into a most interesting beginning.  I
cannot imagine where it will lead, but certainly we are getting off to
an amazing start!  I do hope we aren't taking on too much at once
(already beginning on a word list, while simultaneously trying to
standardise a sort of neologism-officiation process.)

I think for many of those names one might either delve into the Polish
(for example) original meaning, see if the Goths had a name for such a
place (though if it were that simple, would you have mentioned those
places in your list!), or consider a sort of transliteration--possibly
with a Gothic slight to it that one could find characteristic...a sort
of morph...I'm not sure if I'm aptly describing what I'm thinking
about...But then, the Polish are used to us butchering their place
names, so whatever you do will be just fine I'm sure.