Contemporary language. [Database]

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Wed Apr 18 00:24:30 UTC 2007

Skauniba qast, Arþur.  Keinai razda jah liudai haidum, þanzei ainshun
unsara weneiþ.

Beautifully put, Arthur.  May the language sprout and grow in ways not
one of us expects.

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Arthur Jones <arthurobin2002 at ...> wrote:

> Hails alla,
>
>   I believe that, if we introduce the redux language in a manner
similar to that in which Hebrew and Manx and Cornish were
reintroduced, then we would be wise indeed to let a little human
grease and dirt mingle in: viz., more than one way of expressing any
one concept. What experience teaches us is that one or several of
those alternatives will ultimately die, because the need for nuance
happened to be too small in a certain society at a certain time.

>   What remains will likely be a handful of variables, all
manageable, all competing to prove their worth to the users of the
language. The children and the children's children of the pioneers who
are courageous enough to speak Gutisk to their offspring in the home
will doubtless surprise everyone. And that is the name of the game,
inte sant?

>   Nurture the baby bird and then set it free. Hwalarabns,
Thiudareiks, Llama Nom, and all you other, equally wonderful blokes, I
think you will be surprised to find that you have arrived at the
threshold. :Pity me, old man as Valia, that when you descend as
starving locust upon the fair Aquitaine, I shall no longer be.