Niujawaurda_20070417.pdf

ualarauans ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 18 05:43:55 UTC 2007

Some remarks if you don't mind.

Shouldn't we add a derived verb draumjan to draums? And how are we
going to use it – impersonally mik draumeiþ (+ gen. or [bi] acc.) or
still personally draumja?

Wuldands brunna – a typo?

Why not fauha M.-an?

Bi-lageins is strictly spoken not "policy"
but "regulation", "statute", mentioned by Jordanes as belagines pl.
Köbler has it for "Gesetz", "law".

Still no foreign words... I wonder how you would have reconstructed
a word for "church" if there was no aikklesjo? Gudahansa? Don't you
folks see that some of our niujawaurdja look ambiguous, not to say
ridiculous? If tuga is "train", what is harja-tuga - "Herzog"
or "military railway transport"? If gleza- stands for "electricity",
then gleza-stols – "amber throne" or "electric chair"? I understand
what Llama said about lexical creativity and I myself am strongly
against needless loans, but a full elimination of internationalisms
inevitably results in an impoverishment of the language. Do we
really need it? No signs that the historical Goths were
linguistic ... xenophobes (sorry for this word).

Ualarauans