Drus Griutinge (main text)

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Wed Apr 18 17:34:58 UTC 2007

> ana bel galagt "thou didst set ... on a pyre" – you mean some poetic
> form of galagides?

> You're right, of course: it should be 'galagides'. No poetry here!
I'll need to sort out the meter to accomadate that.

I've changed it, for now, to "ana bel gawarft" -- "cast upon the pyre"
(supposing that /p/ > /f/ before /t/ here; cf. 'warst' -- although
maybe it should be 'warpt', cf. 'magt' -- but then this analogical
form might have been motivated by the desire to distinguish the
2.sg.pret. from the past participle).  And I took advantage of the
fluctuation between accusative and dative object for 'wairpan'.

LN