New file uploaded to gothic-l (of eggs and cats and Danes, k.t.l.)

Justïn justinelf at JUNO.COM
Tue Apr 24 18:34:45 UTC 2007

I am a strong advocate for standardising the neologisms, in terms of
having agreed upon, officiated neologisms that we can be happy with
and add as definitive new words, rather than having several
conflicting variants in use by people who for whatever reason prefer
neologism A over neologism B.  When and how will we begin inducting
neologisms into an official, definitive list?

Please remember, experts agree and every linguistic reconstruction
(i.e. Hebrew, Cherokee, Welsh) or attempt thereof (Irish, Britonic,
&c.) has had to standardise in an organised, committeed fashion the
vocabulary and grammar before the language could be easily learned by
non-academics and used by common people on a daily basis.  Let's get
that standardisation underway so that one day high-schoolers (that's
what you call them, right?) can open up our Gothic I textbook, full of
colourful pictures and redundant exercises.