New file... (some of Grimm's reconstructions)

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Tue Apr 24 22:38:46 UTC 2007

Grimm's reconstruction *bi-báuts represents German 'beifuss'
"artemisia (wormwood or mugwort).

http://www.northvegr.org/lore/grimmst/03704.php

There is a mistake here in the initial consonant: *teihs-, *teihsma.
Attested is 'þeihs', na. (R 13:11 and plural 'þeihsa' 1Thess 5:1).
Grimm reconstructed Go. *þeihsma, mn. on the basis of OHG díhsmo,
relating this to Lat. tempus.  But perhaps this is unnecessary given
the existing Gothic words for "time".  As to Grimm's alternatives,
Koebler in his OHG and OS dictionaries cites OHG dîhsila and OS thîsla
as fo. with a question mark against each.  He reconstructs a PG o-stem
and doesn't offer any alternatively declined versions in the PG
reconstructions.  But OE has both 'þíxl' (þísl), fo. and 'þíxle'
(þísle), fn. is a feminine o-stem.  So it's not certain, but if I had
to choose, I'd go with the o-stem: Go. þeihsla.  Also, in the
"finished version", it would be better to list it under an easier to
find English definition such as "cart-pole(s)", "wagon-pole(s)".

http://www.northvegr.org/lore/grimmst/025_01.php