Toledo

raul catalan ramos shaitani1348 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 4 19:52:30 UTC 2007

I have "argued" about this point with my friends several times.From my point
of view, according to the number of words inherited from east germanic, it
is very unlikely the employ of gothic by goths in Hispania, becasuse most of
germanic words in nowadays spanish is limited to only a handful examples (as
  "guerra" (written "Werra"  in the ancient sources , meaning "war") or
"bosque" meaning "forest", both of them nearby the same as the italian words
for war, "guerra", and   forest,"bosco"). On the other hand, the lack of
written sources in gothic can't be used to deny the employ of gothic among
goths in hispania, because the written sources from this period are closely
related to the highest elites of society, whose focus was the roman (and
then bizantine) culture and the employ of Latin. I agree with the idea that
gothic vanished in a few generations, but I think that it must endured for
some time in rural areas far from the cities.

Descubre la descarga digital con MSN Music. Más de un millón de canciones.
http://music.msn.es/