Use of Gothic language in Spain

Michael Erwin merwin at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Jul 24 18:20:00 UTC 2007

I assume that the Gothic language was more often spoken in 5th-
century Aquitaine than in 6th-century Spain. I would expect the same
density of Gothic place-names in Aquitaine as Swabisk place-names in
northwestern Spain, and a gradual drop-off of place-name-density
between Aquitaine, Catalonia, and central Spain.

But what is the known Gothic-place-name-density in Aquitaine? If it
is less than the Swabisk place-name-density in northwestern Spain,
I'd expect that people have recognized the latter more easily than
the former.