Attila's speech

OSCAR HERRERA duke.co at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Wed Sep 5 02:33:34 UTC 2007

your sayin what that getica is gothic or latin.....i said your translation looked like gothic....im not following you with this one.....and i was referring to fredric scoggins.....????

ualarauans <ualarauans at yahoo.com> wrote:          --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, OSCAR HERRERA <duke.co at ...> wrote:

> getica looks pretty much like gothic to me.......whats up with
fredric?

Oscar, I must say that your way to express yourself is rather
mysterious at times. Not long ago you told us that "assimilation and
extermination are foolhardy words" reacting on my post where I spoke
of the final fates of the Visigoths and the Ostrogoths in Spain and
Italy respectively. I asked you then to explain why you think so,
but you didn't. OK, let it be. Now you're telling that "getica looks
pretty much like gothic to me". Should it be understood so that you
find Latin of Getica as incomprehensible as Gothic, or that you
think it is a genuine source for the Gothic history, or that in your
opinion it was originally written in Gothic or by Goths, or what
else? Secondly, whom do you referring to as Fredric (I suggest you
capitalize the initial letters of the listmemvers' personal names,
at the very least)? I may try to guess and think of either Fredrik
(gadrauhts) or Frederick L. Scoggins. In both cases I don't
know "what's up" with them. What do you mean, actually?

Ualarauans