Hello

Pablo pittaluga at INTERLINK.COM.AR
Mon Dec 8 01:35:34 UTC 2008

Hello all,

My name's Pablo, and I'm from Argentina. I'm a PR & Training man, having
Germanic languages as a hobby and interest.

I've seen Gothic pages where was depicted as the missing link for Germanic
reconstruction, and observing its vocabulary noted that goes halfway Germanic
halfway Latin –due to simultaneous existence I guess-, i.e. "ahwa" (water),
"idjja" (past participle of go, quite similar to Spanish "ido"). My mother tongue is
Spanish, a language that was quite influenced by Visigoth from AD 300 to AD
700, roughly the Visigoth rule in Spain. But even is Spanish language studies
Visigoth is kind of ignored. You can see the traces in Fernando (Ferdinand),
Rodrigo (Roderick), et cetera.

I'd love to share thoughts and points of view on Gothic with you all.

Best,

Pablo