skohls (Was: Re: Hails)

Valulfr_Vaerulsson at RUNEWOLF.ORG Valulfr_Vaerulsson at RUNEWOLF.ORG
Sun Feb 3 15:29:28 UTC 2008

Hails Ualarauans,

Thanks for clearing that up, I think I picked up the association from Grimm.
After looking into this further I found this from the Cleasby-Vigfusson O.Ice.
dictionary -

SKYRSI, n. [akin to Ulf. skohsl; Germ. scheusal] :-- a portent, phantasm, as
also mischance arising from witchery; þeir þóttusk náliga brenna ok óttuðusk
þann atburð sem skussi (= skyrsi), as a bad omen,.....

Walawulfs