Warrior Class

Justïn justinelf at JUNO.COM
Wed Feb 6 06:12:02 UTC 2008

That was an awesome answer Lama, I actually have an obnoxious question
the likes of which you would expect from an amateur Gothic enthusiast
who's only had one 4000 level course in linguistics:

How can I learn to do that?  I want to be able to derive my own
reconstructions from Proto-Germanic and back engineer my own words.  If
I could do that, I would post list after list of neologisms for
scholarly criticisms until we had a veritable dictionary of Gothic
words and phrases.  Granted, this may be coming out of young-blood
fervour but I am certainly interested in the back-engineering.

Are there any pre-established guides and resources to these Gothic
patterns, and which Proto-Germanic source are you using and where can I
get one?

Are we all using the same source for Proto-Germanic or is this in and
of itself a highly debated issue of favouring this or that resource?