Warrior Class

ualarauans ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 8 16:16:00 UTC 2008

freeman - *freiliggs

slave – þius, skalks, andbahts (all attested)

patrician – *patrikius (referring to the Roman item), *aþaliggs
(Germanic noble)

plebian - *freiliggs (as opposed to *aþaliggs)

lord – frauja (att.), *gastifaþs (calque from Slavic gospodI <
*gosti-podI), *hlaibawards (poet.?), reiks (att.)

serf – *landa-skalks, *akra-skalks

guild-master - *hansafaþs (lit. "commander of a cohors"), if we
update hansa into the Middle Age following German

journeyman – asneis (att.)

vassal – *þigns/*þaihns M.-a

apprentice – siponeis (att.), *siponjands M.-nd.