Gothic wedding customs

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Wed Jul 23 16:17:16 UTC 2008

Hi g scaff!

Morgengabe, i.e. Morning gift, is common in all Germanic Europe also
in the Middle Ages. It is the bride that receives it from the groom in
order to secure her future if her husband should die or disappear in
another way. It might in noble families be an own castle or other real
property.

Best
Ingemar