new member

gotenfreund ekinzel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 30 05:43:27 UTC 2009

yes, thank you, I've enjoyed using the Lambdin text, especially the copious practice exercises. My only peeve is that he doesn't differentiate between (ai, a'i, and ai') and their (au) counterparts. Although he makes the valid point that the texts are not marked in this way, and that this convention is there for historical linguistic reasons, and that furthermore there is no indication the Goths recognized this three-way distinction in their pronunciation - it looks weird to the eye, and differs from all other presentations of Gothic I've seen.