winja

Ian Ragsdale delvebelow at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 28 20:12:40 UTC 2009

>From Wright's Gothic Grammar:

"#192 (o-stems)...
jo-stems - with a short radical syllable [including words in -ja and with a
monosyllabic root]...The nom. sing. had its -a either from the pure o-stems
or else it was the acc. used for the old nominative."

IMO, since "vinja" has a short mono-syllabic root, the nom. is probably
"vinja."

If it was long or polysyllabic, the nom. would be "vini."  But that does not
appear to be the case.

IMR